In his book, “The Virgin way: Everything I know about leadership”, he talks about his top ten rules which motivate him to do better at his job. They are:
- Follow the passion: He says that each and every human being needs to run behind his passion in life. The passion in oneself drives the dream which one wants to achieve.
- Do some good: One should always contribute to society. Branson is of the view that philanthropy keeps all his employees united.
- Believe in your business: Sir Branson says that one should be proud of what he is doing. He should take the ownership of his job and finish it with style.
- Have fun: Branson advocates that person should have fun at his workplace and also otherwise. This helps him to enjoy his work better.
- Don’t give up: He thinks that there is always a downside to every action. This should not dishearten a person but on the contrary he should think of new ways and means to combat with it.
- Listen more and talk less: A good listener is a always a good performer. IT is very important to take the advice from others but it is equally important to apply one’s own discretion on whether to follow it or not.
- Make room for personal time by delegation: It is not feasible to work all the time with same zeal. Hence we should take breaks; we should delegate the work so that we get some time for ourselves.
- Go out and meet people: We should always increase the social circle of which we are a part. A new person whom we meet always has the potential to teach us something new. Thus we should meet new people in our lives more often.
- Communicate among all levels of the company: Being boss does not mean that we stay in a room and maintain distance with the employees. On the contrary boss should be transparent enough and friendly enough to communicate at all levels of the company personally (Rao, 2015.). This gives a different boost to the employees.
- Be happy: Happiness is the key to success. If one is happy, he keeps people around him happy too.