- Price: As we all know that the making cost of an e-book is zero; therefore it can be sold at much cheaper price than a physical book. However, buying of e-book may be cheaper, the devices required to read them are not cheap.
- Storage: Storing of physical books require space. An avid reader will have a separate room or library to keep his books. On the other hand, the whole library of e-books can be stored in a single device (Cavanaugh, 2002).
- Portable: As discussed above, since the whole library can be stored in a single device, it is easy to carry. Carrying physical books while traveling is an additional weight to your existing luggage (Gibson, 2011).
- Ease to buy: To buy a physical book, you have to roam around and search it; e-books are available online. Even if you order physical books online, they will take some days to reach you, while e-books will be available immediately.
- Other advantages: E-books are also helpful when it comes to increasing font size for better readability. Some of the physical books are not well printed, thus are not easy to read. Also e-books help reading in night without disturbing others. Another advantage is that e-book avoids use of paper and thus is eco-friendly.